Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.You can view our current faculty career opportunities here.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive medical plans with three options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Retirement benefits, administered through TIAA, with generous School-matched contributions.
- 100% Hotchkiss-paid basic life insurance, short and long term disability plans.
- Updated housing and basic utilities provided for full-time faculty.
- Substantial professional development is available as it relates to a faculty position and the needs of the School in support of advance degree work and participation in professional conferences, workshops, summer study, and sabbaticals.
- Travel program opportunities with students around the world and the country.
- Campus opportunities for intellectual engagement, such as speakers, faculty symposia, colloquia, and visiting scholars and artists.
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library and numerous other scholarly resources.
- Arts happenings, including shows in the Tremaine Art Gallery and performances in the Katherine M. Elfers Hall and Walker Auditorium.
- Athletic facilities, including the state-of-the-art Mars Athletic Center (including fitness rooms, squash courts, indoor pool, ice rinks), outdoor track, playing fields, golf course, and tennis courts.
- Faculty families can enjoy daily meals in the dining hall during the school year. Dining hall offerings reflect the School’s commitment to sustainable food practices and healthy living.
- Faculty who qualify are eligible to receive tuition remission or portable tuition for their children's secondary school education at Hotchkiss or a similar institution.
- Family access to community resources and athletic facilities.
- Infant through pre-school childcare is offered on campus at the Cynthia White Childcare Center (dependent on space availability).
- A range of wellness programs, including exercise classes such as yoga, spin, HIIT and pilates; community meals and gatherings; and special offers.
- Natural surroundings, including Beeslick Woods and hiking trails, Lake Wononscopomuc and water activities, and Hotchkiss Beach.
Faculty are strongly encouraged to apply for professional learning and development support during the school year and over the summer. In general, academic department budgets support membership in professional organizations, subscriptions to professional publications, and also support acquisition of books and other materials. When department funds are insufficient, the Dean of Faculty helps faculty attend professional seminars and expenses associated with travel to other schools or institutions. The Dean of Faculty also supports professional learning activities that occur over breaks and over the summer. The School allocates particular funds to spring break and summer professional learning and curriculum development. For this reason, funding for spring and summer projects are subject to a grant application process.